Fast Facts and Bell Times
This school's name honours the prominent place of St. Michael in our Catholic faith. The school was founded in 1883 as two room brick school built on University Avenue in Cobourg and provided an education for Grades 1-8 students. Four Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto arrived to open the school in September of 1883: Sisters Pauline, Theodosia, Maxentia and Margaret. Over the years there have been many additions to the school site. In 1903, the school expanded to four rooms and modern conveniences were added. Several other additions occurred in 1954, 1956, and 1958 in which the auditorium and the classrooms in the west wing of the school were built.
Each school day has the following schedule:
9:15 am Supervision
9:30 am Entry Bell
11:00 - 11:15 am AM Recess
12:35 - 1:35 pm Lunch
2:55 - 3:10 pm PM Recess
4:00 pm Dismissal
St. Michael Catholic Elementary School is a welcoming community with a mission to assist all students to achieve their spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional potential in a caring environment.
The school is located behind St. Michael's Church at the corner of University and Division Street in Cobourg.
We are fortunate to have close proximity to our parish church for liturgical celebrations.
To get more news from St. Michael Parish, please look a their website:http://www.saintmichaelschurchcobourg.com/